Three phases of advising:
Phase 1: Pre-advised based advising with freedom to drop
Phase 2: No pre-advising restriction. Any course can be added but no drop.
Phase 3: Open system for everybody. Course can be added any time but drop is not allowed.
Important points to consider:
- Pre-advising is mandatory for all students.
- Students are requested to select their courses responsibly during pre-advising session since the actual course offering and new faculty hiring will be based on the pre-advising selections for smooth conduction of advising.
- Actual advising must adhere to the following principal
- Course dropping is strictly prohibited in phase 2 and in phase 3
- Section change is prohibited in phase 2 and in phase 3.
- Phase 1 is the only phase where there is a freedom to drop courses.